Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Grown Ups!

Since it's the holidays, ive been watching movies whenever i have nothing to do. I just finished watching Grown Ups with Adam Sandler. Actually I've been watching it over and over again. Despite it being a comedy, it has so many messages in it that are so relevant to our society.

I would definitely recommend everyone to watch it, because they will understand where i am coming from. But for now i wont be talking much about it because i dont want to spoil it for those who still havent watched it. Technology, the new generation...everything has changed so much!

Anyways, the aspect that really got me thinking was how Adam Sandler (Lenny) and his mates from primary school/high school were having a trip together with their family! Dining at the local restaurant, going for a swim, pifting rocks) I just suddenly thought...would it be possible for me and my high school girls to do that also? How amazing it'd be because we would be reliving past memories (which was what Lenny and his friend had done) Recently ive also been chatting to high school friends about our times in high school. Some were stupid, funny, and sad moments. But deep down inside, it was those memories that made us who we are today. They seemed to be minor things that some how formed us and the way we think and treat matters in life. Grown Ups had so much that made me think about the past, present and future. I could relate so much to it. I also wonder if our parents are thinking the same.

I thought it was very similar to Mean Girls, not with the bitchiness happening but the messages and how it related to our lives. For those who want to have a bit of a laugh should really watch Grown Ups :) it's become one of my favourite movies now!

Talking about movies...i will be watching TED this friday with friends! it was either TED or spiderman! i personally preferred spiderman but since majority rules...TED it is! :D it's been a while since ive gone to the movies! im certainly looking forward to it!

Until my next post...I HOPE EVERYONE'S BEEN ENJOYING THEIR BREAK AND THAT THEY'RE HAPPY WITH THEIR RESULTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment