7.2
I think I did mention before that I would like to share happy moments in this blog because why bring negative energy to others when you can bring positive!
But the other day I was having a chat and what we talked about really got to me. We were talking about neighbors and I suddenly realised how much I miss my neighbors. They were basically part of my family growing up, whenever we see each other we would chat for a while and they used to give us little presents over the fence. There was no discrimination just because we were the only asians in the area. They treated us as if we were their Grand children. When Ron left I felt like a close friend had gone. I'll never forget that bright smile and awesome tattoo he had. He was one of the friendliest guys ever. Whenever we were on holidays he would always keep an eye out on our house. When our house was being built he would peek over the fence and tell me later that it was fascinating to see this happen. But when I was told he tried to take his life away, I realized how that smile can hide so many emotions. Never over look things. I wasn't able to see him for the last time but when I saw his wife there was so much pain she was going through. I told her I'd visit more often but then her injuries did not allow her to live by herself anymore and so she had to go to a nursing home. I haven't heard from her since but I really miss her. They were such kind people. Why do they have to suffer now? I hope elsie is being taken care of wherever she is. It's so heart breaking. It's never easy to find good neighbors. I was very lucky to have them growing because they taught us how to respect elders and to talk to people from different nationalities and ages.
I know there's always a reason behind meeting someone. And if they leave your life, I guess there is a reason too.
No comments:
Post a Comment