Sunday, January 12, 2014

11/365

Today was a road trip to sunny ridge to pick strawberries and then to rosebud beach where we chillaxed for a realllyyyyy long time. I think its the first time the cousins have gone out together like that and although the complete 8 still havent managed to come together we still had a great time nevertheless!

The weather was superb today! It was sunny then windy and then sunny again. So at least we had the sun when we were a little cold and the cool breeze when it got too hot.

At the strawberry farm we saw a lot of families with young kids and they were just so adorable!!! One was taught...have a look at the strawberries and if you want to eat it then pick them. Most of the big red ones were gone so I went for the little red ones and im so glad I did because they were still so sweet!
Amy also taught us that to determine which strawberries would be sweeter than others is to look at the seeds and if they are a dark colour and not yellow or white then theyre guaranteed to be sweet. They were. ..omgosh

A funny thing I remembered from today was a man complaining while picking the sttawberries for his kid. " this is more expensive than supermarkets and we have to do all the hard work as well! But I was thinking well if your kids and family enjoy doing this then just have fun! Its definitely a great family event for all so I recommend it ! Also if you get the chance to...try the desserts at the cafe! It looked soooo soooooo nice but because we were running out of time and seats were so scarce we ended up leaving ; ( I will be back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment