Felt like a long day today but honestly I don't think I've done much compared to yesterday. My thumb is still aching from my small injury from volleyball ... I cant even rinse a towel or open a jar without stopping because of the pain. I basically complained all day because without my thumb I realised I couldnt do much.
It also got me thinking about my sister. Shes known to be a workaholic in the entire family. She would be absent from some events because of work and I know she's working hard to get to where she wants to end up. I do wish I had some of that trait of lisa. You're such a good role model. Lisa was particularly admirable last night at volleyball. She was the team Captain and despite the pull out of two players she didn't give up and continued on. She had a good team and I saw what she did throughout the entire match. She would give words of advice and cheer everyone on, give them hi 5's and a pat on the back just to sayThanks for trying and that you've done a good job. It was really hot in that gym because they didnt have an air con nor did they have fans. It made it twice as exhausting and I complained all the time wanting the game to end. But lisa stuck by her team and ran around the court giving all her team members hi5s. I was thinking to myself...dude save your energy and just stay there in your spot. But to be a true leader you need to be able to lead ur members as well as influence and enomcourage them to do their best. I felt like sitting on the side but her support as a sister and team mate was something I was very proud of. I actually couldn't stop smiling at her enthusiasm and love for sport. I thought she lost her passion and love for it ever since she started working. But her spirit to move on despite a relatively smaller team compared to our opponents was something that kept all of us going and it felt like the sleepy head who always slept as soon as she got home has another special character to her. Its good how your passion is still there. You are the lisa I grew up knowing...you still love your cricket, footy, volleyball and tennis.
I had a wonderful night despite the heat and it felt great picking up a sport again after so long. Ill definitely be back if you need me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment